Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are happy to announce that Step By Step Learning Academy Daycare will reopen its doors to the children on June 29th, 2020. On this page, we are presenting the new documents of the updated policy and procedures on the health and safety protocols in response to COVID-19. We strongly advise that you review each document and are aware of the current policies before the daycare re-opens.
The information has been organized into 6 topics and is available for review via downloadable PDF files. Find the 6 PDF’s below on this page.
1. HEALTH SAFETY PROTOCOL IN RESPONSE TO COVID 19
2. ENHANCED CLEANING AND DISINFECTING COVID-19 POLICY
3. COVIND-19 SCREENING QUESTIONS
4. DAILY LOG FOR SCREENING – CHILDREN
5. DAILY LOG FOR SCREENING – StaffParentsVisitors
6. REOPENING DURING COVID-19COMMUNICATION FORM, PARENTS AGREEMENT
IN ADDITION, WE WANT TO BRING TO YOUR ATTENTION A FEW SPECIFICS:
– Hours of operation have been temporarily changed. Gormley Daycare will now operate from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
– There will be a mandatory screening protocol as outlined in the updated policy & procedures document for children, parents, and all staff.
– No parents/guardians will be permitted to enter the daycare center. This is to prevent possible exposure and transmission.
– As per the Government of Ontario and Public Health regulations, only 8 children are permitted per classroom.
– There will be no mixing of children from classroom to classroom.
– The documents outline our enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols.
– Children are not permitted to attend the daycare if they exhibit even mild symptoms of a cold.
– Please review the section of the documents outlining the guidelines and procedures Gormley Daycare will follow in the event a child becomes sick.